Your use of the Web Properties is also governed by the Terms of Service located at https://www.lunavetcare.com/terms-of-service.
Types of Information Collected
Luna and any third party that we hire for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and providing internal support for our Web Properties may collect two types of information when you visit the Web Properties: Personal Information and Usage Information.
Personal Information: The types of information that we collect may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address);
- demographic information (e.g., location);
- banking information (e.g., bank account and credit/debit card numbers, and billing address information);
- information relating to you that you provide; (e.g., birthday);
- brand usage; (e.g., types of products used); and
- other information specific to you.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested service. The information provided will be used as your profile (“Profile”).
Usage Information: The types of usage information that we collect may contain generic information about you when you visit the Web Properties, which may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Usage Information”):
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history (such as, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit) and number of clicks;
- http headers, and operating system and fingerprinting data; and
- aggregated information.
How Information Is Collected
We may collect Personal Information and Usage Information about you from the following sources:
- the correspondence you and others send to us, including when you complete any online forms or send us an email or request;
- information we receive from you through the Web Properties and as a result of your use of our services, such as when you create a Profile;
- information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our affiliates, partners or service providers; and
- information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
You may be able to sign up to join our mailing list. If you sign up, we may from time-to-time send you emails and newsletters or other literature with information about one or more of our Web Properties and general information about us. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by the means set forth in that communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be unsubscribed.
We may collect Usage Information from you in the following ways:
Web Beacons: Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. These Web Beacons do not carry any Personal Information and are only used to track usage of the Web Properties and activities associated with the Web Properties.
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We may use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information that you see on the Web Properties and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by us may be used for the following primary purposes:
- To provide services and products to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To personalize your experience on the Web Properties.
- To communicate with you and to inform you about Luna’s, our affiliates’ and third parties’ products and services.
- To help protect the integrity of the Web Properties and our users.
When Information Is Disclosed and Shared
We may disclose Personal Information and/or Usage Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary:
- To comply with legal processes and applicable law.
- To take precautions against liability and respond to any claim that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party.
- To assist government enforcement agencies.
- To protect our rights, property, or the safety or the rights, property, or personal safety of our visitors and the public, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and, if required by law, disclosing information to U.S. federal and state governmental agencies.
- To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of the Web Properties.
- To otherwise enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any information about or obtained from you, in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of our creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclosure your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception, viruses, or errors.
The Web Properties may make available chat rooms, blogs, and message boards. Please remember that any Personal Information or other information that you disclose in these areas, whether intentionally or inadvertently, becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information, including, but not limited to, your Personal Information.
Information from Children
Privacy Outside the Web Properties
We may use the services of third party service providers to process transactions on our behalf. By using our Web Properties, you grant us all necessary rights and consents under applicable laws to disclose to our third party service providers -- or allow those third party service providers to collect, use, retain and disclose to us -- any Personal Information for purposes of providing services to you, including data that we may collect directly from you using cookies or other similar means.
Choices with Your Personal Information and Opting Out
Whether you submit any Personal Information to us is entirely up to you. You are under no obligation to provide any Personal Information to us. However, this information is essential for the provision and quality of some of the services that we offer to you, so we cannot or may not be able to provide you with certain services or provide you with access to certain features if you choose to withhold certain requested information.
Please note that making such requests does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, we may retain the information for our own internal records, and it is also possible that a third party that we do not own or control may copy the posting and repost it elsewhere.
Access and Correction
“Do Not Track” Signals
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services that you visit. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Rights of California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. To the extent the CCPA applies to our processing of your personal information, you would be entitled to the following rights:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your personal information that we collect, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and want to submit a request, please contact us at email@example.com. For requests submitted via email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
Rights of Nevada Residents
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales, as defined by Nevada law, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line and body of your message.
If you have questions or comments or would like to access your Personal Information or opt out of certain sharing, please let us know by sending your comments or requests to: